Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

Adam and I have are starting on a journey that we haven’t been on before. Aden, our 5.5 year old, will be starting Kindergarten Monday. Now, he has been in school for two years before this but this is real school. When did he get so old? Somewhere in all of the things that our family went through Aden has grown up some. He is amazing little boy who has a caring heart. He is strong and a leader, I can’t wait to see what this year has for us. We still have little things that we need to do for him for school, even though he is going to a public school, he has to have uniforms so I finish buying those. However, it is just the little things.
There are moments that I get really sad about him starting Kindergarten but then I stop and I think about it as a parent aren’t we trying to get them to grow, mature and be significant adults. Part of growing up is to go to school. We have to pray that we equipped him to go into the school. In this case, since he is still so young, we get to stay super involved in all that is going on and he is willing to have us there. I will miss all of the things that we have done in the past two years but I think that we are starting a new journey.

As his mom this is what I would love for him to not only know but to realize:

• We love him more than he will ever know. Aden and I have developed this tradition that is I will say “I love you more” and he will answer “than you know” it is our reminder that though I have to be a parent that I love him more than he can imagine.

• We are here for him no matter what is going on, no matter what he thinks he has done or not done. In life we all make do things that don’t make sense to the outside world.

• He is capable and wonderful. As adults we sometimes doubt ourselves and what we are able to do. I am praying that we can instill in Aden that he is capable of doing all that he desires to do. He may have to work at it but he can do it.

• That he is an amazing child of God, who has gifts, talents, and abilities that make him amazing. He was designed by God to do amazing things.

1 comment:

  1. Well said Jen. I am trying to figure out Preston grew up so fast. Our boys are starting Kindergarten - exciting and scary at the same time. It is hard for me to let go. Hoping for a great year for both of our boys!!

    ReplyDelete