Friday, August 5, 2011

Friends and Family Friday

I wish that I could say that I knew what I wanted to write but the truth is that today I have a massive headache, for the 1st time in a long time I have had to take something more than advil or Tylenol to get it to ease up. So instead of being all deep and al that I wanted to just put something out there.



God puts people into our lives, we have a family, friends, passer-bys, irritators, pushers… get the point there are a million different roles that we have people in and that we in return are in. We can be adopted into family, accepted into a family… this can be because we are friends and they love us that much or it can be that we are married into a family. I am blessed that I have been adopted in multiple families. I am blessed to be in my husband’s family, they have accepted me as their own, I am their daughter and I have to say that I am delighted to be that. I have also been accepted by the other members of his family. Then I have to say that I have friends that have adopted me. I have ones that send me emails, listen to me, scream with me, cry with me and text me. I don’t know what I would do without them.


Now in this case I have learned something I want to be that one that can be trusted, that can be confided in, and that can be screamed to and cried to. I know that it sounds odd but I have learned there is no greater friend than those that will be there with you. It doesn’t matter if it is a friend that is actually related to you or another one that God has blessed us with.


There is very little that I can say to make someone have that confidence, but I would like to remind several of the people that read this blog that you aren’t along anymore than I am alone. You aren’t going through your journey by yourself. There is nothing that you will say, can say that will make me respect you less, love you less, you have been God given to me and I will be here for the journey. I can’t and I won’t try to act like I understand… I don’t understand what it is to have a child that the mom didn’t want, I don’t understand what it is like to lose a job, I don’t understand what it is like to lose a spouse, I don’t understand what it is like to be disowned from your family, I don’t understand… you get my point. But I am here and I will always be here. I do understand that sometimes words fail us, that sometimes there is no way verbally to explain to talk to someone, to tell them what is in your heart. I do understand that anger is real. I do understand that while you have faith, family, and friends that you can feel like the only one. Hang in there, you are not the only one…. My email is always open, you can always text me, and our house is always opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment