Monday, September 5, 2011

EAGLES

Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Sometimes we can’t see something for ourselves; we need someone else to tell us, to help us, to be with us.  This morning I was told by someone that I trust that I needed to read the above verse that I needed to realize and remember who my strength is.  I know that the person was right and I fully believe this verse but I am having a hard time realizing it.  That was until I was eating with a dear friend of mine who is going through a circumstance that no child wants to be going through.  One that I went through in 2002 when my Mother was ill and died.  I started to pray for her and what came into my mind but that I am praying that she can run and not grow weary and that she will walk and not grow faint.  That she can know that she is loved and not alone. God says that we are never alone; we are never walking this path no matter what is on it alone.  We can be renewed, our strength can be renewed. 

Why is it I instantly knew it for her but that I struggle with it for me? I think it is because God has me in a place to try to rely on others, to be transparent.  Yesterday I was at church sitting with a family that has become so dear to me.  I thought about the times that I have been strong lately, not in appearance but honest strength.  In this case I could think of two things… One of them being in Adam’s arms, being held by him, assured that Adam was there beside me on this journey that I don’t understand.  The other was to be asked to sit with a friend and her family, to be next to her and to be singing and worshipping God with her.  Now for those that know me, I love to sing.  I have had a hard time singing lately but I love to sing.  With this friend, I could literally feel God reach down combine our words and remind me that I am not alone.  I was able to pull strength from her like I haven’t had in a long, long time.  In this case, I have been amazed about how many things I have realized that singing meant to me.  To be that close to her to be able to worship together, to have friends that are of the same belief mean a lot.  To know that she is here: praying for, holding my hand and loving on me.  I am thankful that I am worth that much.  I am thankful that she hopes in God and that she is helping me walk and not grow weary.  I pray that she is helped just one breath as much as she has helped me lately.

See I am learning right now that no matter the road that we are on, the path that we are on that we are there for a reason.  I am here to be the one that God needs to touch someone.  I am also the one that needs others.  We need each others, we need to pray for each other, we need to love on each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment