Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Birthday Number 2

Well, yes I said two and before this week is over you will have BIRTHDAY 3.  For now though I am going to talk about birthday two.  Birthday 2 belongs to me.  I tried my hardest to get people to forget my birthday.  I was having a hard time with it.  I am missing my mom, I am missing my son and yet I am supposed to be happy and wonderfully okay.  Birthdays are filled with thanksgiving, hugs, love and joy.  I was having a hard time with this.  However, God never does something half way… He always has a purpose.

I got Aden to school this morning and headed to an appt.  While I was on my way to the appt. I stopped and got myself a drink… joy number 1. DIET COKE!!!! Awesome! Then once home I got to eat a cupcake that was made for ME, Chocolate peanut butter, oh my… DELISH!!! So Joy number 2.  CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE, oh my!  Then I tried to get some things done, I am still in the midst of them and I was getting quite irritated so I was sitting here looking at the computer screen and I had my doorbell ring.  My amazing and awesome husband sent me gorgeous flowers.  They are perfect and wonderful.  So Joy number 3 FLOWERS, PINK FLOWERS! Yipppeeeee! Then I was sitting here and wondering what to do next… I only have an hour before Aden gets home, the time has FLOWN by and I didn’t get anything accomplished.  When my doorbell rung again.  I got a balloon, arrangement, and bear.  No idea where this one came from so I sat them down and looked at the card.  It reads “Happy Birthday Jen! WE all love you very much!!! Thinking of you and praying for you each and every day.  May your birthday be filled with joy and peace.  Hugs Your August Beach Baby Moms."  For those that don’t know this, these were sent from the ladies that were pregnant at the same time as I was pregnant with Zach and we all have babies that were born around the same time.  We experienced the same things around the same time.  I recently had to take myself off of the page that we were part of because I couldn’t handle being reminded on the daily basis’s that I don’t have Zachary any more.  This is Joy number 4 PURPLE FLOWERS but even more being remembered and thought of by those that still have their little ones.

No idea what the rest of the day holds but I have learned one thing… I am loved.  God knows that I needed to be reassured that I am here for a reason and for a purpose so a day that I didn’t think that I would enjoy and I thought would just hurt even more has turned out to be a wonderful reminder that I am here for such a time as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment