Wednesday, September 14, 2011

3 months

3 months roughly 90 days… how in the world?
It seems like just yesterday we were doing all we could do to make him comfortable and to live a life full and wonderful. It seems like just yesterday I was stickering and listening to him play with playdough. It seems like just yesterday our days were full with oxygen, pumps, medications and appointments.

It seems like years since I got to see his sweet sweet smile. It seems like years since I got to hold him in my arms. It seems like years since I got to hear his cry. It seems like years since I got to see him and his daddy together. It seems like years since I have gotten to hear him and his big brother laugh. It seems like years since I had to be awake at night to give medications and to comfort him. It seems like years since I was able to help his pain.

3 months is not enough time, it isn’t enough time for any part of this road that we are on. I could say that this road is HORRIBLE, well it is but I love my son, I love my family and wouldn’t do this without any of them or without the friends that I have. So horrible no, difficult yes!!! I could say that this road is lonely, and yes it is but there are people that are trying to walk it with us. Do they totally get it no but they are loving us the same?

May the words of my mouth and the desires of my heart be that of God’s and may I be the light to others as the situation on this earth are far harder that we desire them to be

1 comment:

  1. Love you last sentence. I hope you are sleeping off the emotions of the day as I type.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete