Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yesterday…

Yesterday I was thankful for people and for how they have impacted my life… I think that I am still in that mode. I am thankful. Thankful that God is in my life, that I have positive people, Godly people in my life. I can’t say that I have always been the best Christian (there are times that I am angry at all, that I yell out at God, that I don’t do what I am supposed to do, that I tell God that He has lost His mind) but I have strived to be on the path that God has given me. Through it all I have wondered how I could stay strong when the walls are crumbling down. What I have realized is that God’s strength is sufficient, it is enough, He knows what He is doing and He knows what I need. I have to rest in the fact that if I draw near to God He will in fact draw need to me. God never promises us that things will be easy and I can attest to that… not just in Zach’s situation but in friendships. He calls us to draw close to him, to mount up on wings like eagles so that we will not grow weary, that we won’t grow tired. Gosh have you ever been so tired that you can’t function to move or to do anything much less to think or to help someone else. God tells us that His grace is sufficient that his yoke is easy that it is light. One of the hardest things that I am going through now is that those that are supporting me the most, are ones that work fulltime jobs, are older, or are in other states (or better yet in different countries). It is hard to know what to do or say because we aren’t in charge of our life God is. Sometimes God calls us to Be Still and Know that He is God; this means that we are not to doubt Him and all of the things that He has set forth. It means don’t forget that He has plans to prosper us not to harm us.


I have learned several things that I am amazed about:


• China is 12 hours ahead of us


• That there is a free texting program that is available for the ipad but you can’t send pictures through it


• That a card is something that can be read and read and read over again. Sometimes it can even be carried with you because you need to read what is in it.


• That schedules can get hectic but it doesn’t change how important people are to you.


• True friends love you and hold you even if it doesn’t make sense.


• That Praise and Worship music can take the negative things in your life and help you focus on the positive.


• That you don’t have to tell everyone everything but that you are to tell what God has led you to tell.


• That sometimes jury duty can be a week long and be totally pointless for the person that has it but they are getting to bless someone else.


• That text messages no matter when they are received are a little way to let people know they matter.


Yes, I am still totally thankful for life and for God and for all the people that God has placed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment