Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

REALLY!!! It's Mother's day and I'm sitting here wondering how my heart and my brain will work through this. Mother's day a day set aside for us to celebrate the women of our lives. The women of our lives are neccesarly mothers but are women who have loved us and helped us through out our lives. I feel blessed that I had a mother who loved me... She helped me with school, taught me about unconditional love and walked through life with me as the apple other eye. In 2002, my mother after almost a year fight died losing her battle with brain cancer. Many people in my life now never doubted that my mom existed or that she was a lovely lady. In 2011, my life was flipped upside down when one of the people that mattered the most in my life lost his battle theirs mitochondrial disease. A disease that robbed him of a lot but didn't rob him of his spirit, zach had mito but mito didn't have him. Why am I saying this on Mother's Day..simply because of this...I am still a mom of two, I was blessed with two children and while one is now with God. I am still. Mom of two. This was the first mothers day where I have my mom and a child with God and I can say I made it through. It was hard and crushing but it was good too. I am praying that I will make a difference. My goal into make as big of an impact in my life as my mother and my son did.

No comments:

Post a Comment