Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful for....


One by one I have been counting my blessings… I have been thinking of all the things that I have to be thankful for that people understand or know about and then I have also been thinking about all of the things that people don’t know about. There are things that no matter how silly they are we can be thankful for them.

I am thankful for text simply because it allows me to be able to stay connected when I am forever away from people who know and understand my heart.  Texting first thing in the morning to say I am praying for you or that I love you.  Texting late at night because I can’t sleep or because someone needs to talk.  Staying connected with each other while in the doctor’s office, work or traveling.  

I am thankful for the dinner table or a table that we gather around for a meal because without it the conversations and the laughs that we have will be far different.  I cherish the times that I have had family and friends around the table and we get to laugh, talk and enjoy.  There is rarely a better feeling than that!

I am thankful for friends that guide my heart into things that I would have never known about without them.  One of the things in particular is Compassion International.  I would have never known that I could make a difference without a friend introducing me to it.  I would never be able to understand families of 8 living on less than $2.00 a month.   

Then there are the little things that just make me happy… glitter, butterflies, fingernail polish, colorful toenails, twix bars, seeing a friend, cupcakes, tea from QT, tutus and smiles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment