Saturday, April 13, 2013

Adapting

Adapting is something that I have gotten used to in the past fifteen years or so...
Think about the changing in the past 15 years

  • Graduating college
  • Getting married
  • Having a job
  • Having one child
  • Having two children
  • Dealing with brain cancer
  • Dealing with mitochondrial disease
Well just to name a little

However, I can honesty say I am getting used to putting me first and to take care of myself.  After taking care of people and various illnesses, even dealing the health of myself. My body is telling me it is time for me to adapt again. 

After a very long time of dealing with pcos, insulin resistance and diabetes...I am dealing with it in a very new way.  My mother had type 1 very brittle diabetes, I grew up with insulin, shots, checking blood sugars and all the up and downs of it.  In 2002, I started meds for my blood sugars and insulin resistance.  My a1c had been great.

However, I'm trying to adapt since my body is having more issues and my blood sugars are high.  I am now in the process of using insulin to help.  In this it means I'm adjusting to shots and sticks but also am adjusting to carrying machines, meds and needed supplies.  It's getting warmer, how do I deal with it? How do I keep it cool?  Can I find something to keep up with it all? A pouch that has my personality?

I'm dealing with people not understanding or thinking about what they say before they talk.  The tests are pointing to this not being because of what I eat, mostly cause my labs are pointing to this.  I went from an amazing a1c to one hat is way higher than it should be.  I'm dealing with and adapting what I eat,  drink, and do.  Learning who can deal with me checking my blood sugar, give  myself insulin,and who is bold enough to help me by adapting themselves.  

We adapt as we live, with each breath!
I'm thankful for family and friends that are considered family

No comments:

Post a Comment